ANR Event Services has many services/tools available to assist you in successfully and efficiently planning your event. To help determine the level of complexity of your event and the amount of assistance you might need, please take a moment to answer the following questions:
- If there are partner agencies, is MSUE the lead HOST agency of the event? If you answered no, stop here! If MSUE is not the lead HOST, then another organization or partner should be handling the majority of the planning for the event.
- Is this a 4-H event/activity? If you answered yes, stop here and contact ANR Events Management at (517) 353-3175 or by email.
- Are you expecting more than 150 participants? The larger your expected participation, the more complex planning the event will be.
- Will your program be held at locations that require a University representative’s signature on any contract? Such as room rentals at various sites or contracts for meals or other services for your event.
- Is the event going to be held at multiple locations with facility or vendor contracts?
- Are you using more than one hotel, or multiple facilities for one meeting?
- If MSUE is the coordinating agency of a large program that requires multiple onsite coordination meetings, will your leadership and attendance be required at planning meetings? How often?
- Are there local sponsors or partnerships with other agencies that are willing to donate to your activity? How are these funds going to be handled?
- Are you able to recoup your costs from the event? Such as travel to meetings, speaker costs, overnight accommodations, or other related costs for Educator’s time and services.
- Will there be expenses or fees paid to any one individual? If the contract is under $600, a PSC will not be needed (instructions). If the contract is for more than $600, you’ll need to complete a PSC contract prior to the event.
- Will your fees cover ANR support work and the cost of holding this event?
If you answered yes to one or more of the questions above, please contact ANR Event Services regarding your event concept, by filling out the project intake form.
If you did not answer yes to any of the questions above and are ready to start planning your event, download this timeline/to-do list template to help get you started.